From 11th to 14th September 2019, ESI Funds Academy will organize a 3 days study visit in Lisbon (Portugal) in the field of Errors, Irregularities and Fraud in ESIF Projects and Programs. Participants will become acquainted with an agenda which aims at providing methods, recommendations, practical examples and good practices through meetings and visits with Portuguese national and local stakeholders.
Portugal is a remarkable recipient of ESI Funds and has proved the good management of European funds, coordinated with national ones, in the implementation of public policies which made possible the development of infrastructures, transportation, networks and economic growth. After many years of ESI Funds management, Portugal acquired skills, competencies and has an adequate feedback to pass down to other European countries. Peer learning from its experience will be of great benefit for ESIF project managers.
In the scope of this study visit in Lisbon, the crux of the matter is to give the possibility to participants to interact with Portuguese institutions about methods, audits, good examples and the way how are handled ESI Funds in order to be the most efficient and the better targeted as possible. Furthermore, in order to approach the implementation of projects, a technical visit on site will permit participants to meet local stakeholders and to better understand the use of ESI funds in a project.
ESI Funds Academy is in charge of the study visit and has been cooperating with Portuguese institutions and projects managers in Lisbon in order to host the participants group so that they have the possibility and the chance to meet and to exchange with ESI Funds managers and administrators from financing agencies, ministries, representatives from the institutions counter fighting corruption and irregularities and errors.
• On the first day of the study visit (Wednesday 11th September), participants will meet the General-Directorate of Territory to talk about ESI funds in the scope of the European sustaina-ble cities network “Urbact”. After a presentation of the public policy and the presentation of some examples from local authorities, a technical visit in Lisbon will be organized during the afternoon Com.Unity.Lab, a project which integrates tools to tackle urban poverty and em-power local communities.
• On the second day (Thursday 12th September), participants will meet the national financial in-stitutions which mainly handle audit and prevention issues. The National Court of Finance, whose motto is “Helping government and society to better spend”, will share experiences, rec-ommendations and good practices with the participants. The General Inspection of Finance, in-stitution from the Portuguese Government will bring its expertise in the field of national audit.
• On the third day (Friday 13th), participants will meet the non-governmental organization TESE. This meeting will be dedicated to the knowledge and the sharing of concrete cases and financ-ing scopes of projects.
Join the ESI Funds Academy for the Study Visit
Preventing Errors and Irregularities in ESIF Projects Study Visit in Portugal in September 2019
• Management verifications as measure to prevent irregularities
• How to proceed in case of irregularities and financial corrections?
• How to avoid irregularities
• Best practices, audit and recommendations
• Fraud and corruption in the procurement cycle
• How to conduct fraud risk assessment and risk analysis
• The Anti-fraud cycle: Prevention of fraud & corruption
• How to detect and combat fraud
The participation fee is covering accommodation for four nights including breakfast. We will be staying at the Real Parque Hotel (4* Hotel in Lisbon) . The lunches during the Study Visit will also be provided. We invite all our participants to one get together dinner. The fee is covering the transportation costs during the Study Visit. The language of the Study Visit is English.
Tuesday 10 September 2019
Wednesday 11 September 2019
Meeting in the Hotel Lobby
Meeting in the Hotel Lobby and the trip to the General-Directorate of Territory
General-Directorate of Territory (Direção-Geral do Território)
meeting with the Experts in the General-Directorate of Territory in Lisbon
Meetings and study visit with local stakeholders
Technical visit Com.Unity.Lab (Lisbon)
Thursday 12 September 2019
National Court of Finance (Tribunal de Contas)
Meeting with Experts in the National Court of Finance (Tribunal de Contas)
General Inspection of Finance (Inspeção-Geral de Finanças)
Meeting with Experts in the General Inspection of Finance (Inspeção-Geral de Finanças)
Walking tour in the heart of Lisbon
After completing the official program of the second day of the Study Visit the ESI Funds Academy is inviting the participants on the Thursday afternoon to a walking tour to discover the heart of Lisbon (60-90 min)
Friday 13 September 2019
Meeting in the hotel lobby
Trip to the meeting with TESE
Meeting with TESE
Meeting with experts of an associacion implementing ESI Funds
TESE is an Implementory Body of ESI Funds in Portugal
Good Bye Lunch
Saturday 14 September 2019
Good bay breakfest and coffee in the hotel restaurant
End of the Study Visit
4 * Hotel in Lisbon
Av. Luis Bivar, 67 | 1069-146 Lisboa– Portugal
The participation fee is covering accommodation for four nights including breakfast. We will be staying at the Real Parque Hotel (4* Hotel in Lisbon). The lunches during the Study Visit will also be provided. We invite all our participants to one get together dinner. The fee is covering the transportation costs during the Study Visit. The language of the Study Visit is English.