On the Spot Investigation in Porto
1900 EUR (excl. VAT)
Do you recognize risk indicators and red flags of possible irregularities, fraud or corruption? Can you analyse and collect evidence on the spot and via open sources? A brand new training by Jo Kremers, our international expert on Irregularities Prevention, will take place in the city of Porto and include a visit to an EU funded project on the spot. Join this intensive course and get familiar with the latest innovative techniques for analysing real-life scenarios and developing successful anti-fraud measures.
Participants will benefit from the training structured as a Team Game. As a participant and a member of the (hopefully winning) team, you will observe, analyse, assess and also carry out technical analysis and research on the-spot. In addition to the visit to the project in Porto, you will also apply the analytical techniques for several other complex EU-funded projects that will be presented during this training, including EU funded projects focused on reducing CO2 emissions and circular economy. Following our experience-based approach, you will learn how to make use of the latest IT-tools and technics. And last but not least, during this training attention will be paid to assessing technical aspects of EU funded projects, like construction and development.
Our approach during this highly interactive event includes the set-up of a well-structured risk analysis, focused on gathering evidence, based on professional scepticism. The round-table format will allow us to learn how to prevent, detect and combat irregularities and fraud in ESI Funds, IPA Funds, AMIF and ISF. Next to expert presentations, the sessions will include discussions and exchange of best practices as well as expert guidance on how to implement and apply the measures and strategies in your country.
Wednesday 3 July 2024
9:00-15:30 Preparation for the on the spot Visits
The first day of the training is focused on preparing the visits to the projects on the Spot in Porto:
- Preparation behind desk, with the use of laptops, social media, aggregation sites, sophisticated audit software and internet;
- Professional risk analysis,
data analysis and innovation in your way of thinking;
- Set up of checklists / questionnaire for the visits.
We will have a lunch and coffee breaks at the Venue for a better networking.
Walking Tour and a get together dinner in Porto
Thursday 4 July 2024
On the Spot Visit of a Project in Porto
- Analysis and research;
- Instruments and checklists refinement;
- Intensive coaching on the spot.
A lunch break and a visit to a caffeteria will be organised during this day.
End of the official Programme of the 2. Day
Friday 5 July 2024
Proceeding with the outcome of the on-the-spot visit
- Team processing the outcomes of the on-the-spot visit;
- Further research and setting up innovative presentation of fact findings;
- Team presenting thier outcomes;
- Evaluation and rounding off
During the day we will have coffee breaks and a lunch at the Venue.
End of the Academy
Evaluation and Handing out of the certificates
Mercure Porto Centro Santa Catarina
Praça da Batalha, 116
Next to the training materials the training fee is covering
- Catering during the training (3 Coffee Breaks and a Lunch every day);
- Walking Tour in Porto in the evening of the First Day of the Training;
- Get-together dinner in a Restaurant in Porto in the evening of the 1st Day.